Friday, June 4, 2010

Ha Shavua Shelach- Send

Another contribution from Rabbi Jack in Toronto, Thanks again, Bradley

חיים פשוטים יותר
"Make Life Simpler"


Parashat HaShavua Shelach / Send

This Week's Reading List:
BaMidbar / Numbers 13:1-15:41
Yehoshua / Joshua 2:1-24
Ivrim / Hebrews 3:7-19


Bamidbar {13:1} HaShem spoke to Moshe (Moses), saying, {13:2} Send you men, that they may spy out the land of Cana'an, which I give to bnei Yisrael (the children of Israel): of every tribe of their avot (fathers) shall you send a man, everyone a prince among them. ... {13:17} Moshe sent them to spy out the land of Cana'an, and said to them, Get you up this way by the south, and go up into the hill-country: {13:18} and see the land, what it is; and the people who dwell therein, whether they are strong or weak, whether they are few or many; {13:19} and what the land is that they dwell in, whether it is good or bad; and what cities they are that they dwell in, whether in camps, or in strongholds; {13:20} and what the land is, whether it is fat or lean, whether there is wood therein, or not. Be you of good courage, and bring of the fruit of the land. Now the time was the time of the first-ripe grapes.

After I read these Scriptures it was obvious to me that HaShem set this whole “spy out the land” affair as a test. Read what I mean: “... what the land is that they dwell in, whether it is good or bad...”

Do you see what was happening here? HaShem was telling Moshe to send a leader from each tribe to go and check whether the land was good or bad! If that was not a test for these men then I do not know what was. Why do I see it as a test? I see it as a test because of what HaShem told Moshe and bnei Yisrael previously when He was coming to remove them from the land of Mitzrayim (Egypt).

Shemot {3:8} I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Mitzrim (Egyptians), and to bring them up out of that land to a good and large land, to a land flowing with milk and honey; to the place of the Cana'anite, the Hittite, the Amorite, the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Yebusite.

Let us face it, if HaShem previously told Moshe and bnei Yisrael that the land He was giving them was a land flowing with milk and honey, then why would He now be telling them to go and check out the land and see “whether it be good or bad,” if it were not a test?

I do not know about you, but these Scriptures are a real encouragement to me. HaShem has made so many “Promise Land” type promises to me, yet I am always finding myself having to go in and spy out the land. Some of you might be saying, “What is he talking about?” Well, let me give you an example of what I mean. HaShem has been speaking to me of late to be more open and loving towards the Moslem people. He has especially put it upon my heart to go into the Moslem community that is in close proximity to our Kehilah (congregation) and share the Besorah Tova (Gospel) with them. However, when I went into the community to check it out I saw burqas (an all enveloping outer garment worn by some Moslem women), I saw women wearing head coverings and dresses to the ground, I saw men that look Semitic, but I felt hatred towards me because I am a Jew. Most of all I saw Moslems who may possibly be open to a Christian oriented Gospel, but who would never in a million years accept a Jewish Messiah and walk in His ways. Yet I know that it was HaShem that placed it upon my heart to try and reach this community. Now, I could have either come back with a bad report or refused to do anything with these Moslems. I could choose to believe and trust HaShem to work out the mechanics of reaching this Moslem community for the Mashiach, despite what I saw and felt and despite the fact that we are Messianic Jews.

The thing is that each one of us regularly face tests similar to the one HaShem imposed on bnei Yisrael. As believers in Yeshua HaMashiach, we read G-d’s promises in the Bible, we believe G-d’s promises, but when we are tested on them we sometimes, instead of seeing the victory the L-rd has promised us, we see giants in the land.

Life would have been so much simpler for this generation of Yisrael if they would have only believed G-d when He said that the land He was giving them was a good land. Then when Moshe asked them to go and spy-out the land they could have just said, “There is no need for us to do what you have asked Moshe. HaShem has told us that the land is a good land, and He said that He was going to give it to us as a possession. What G-d has said is good enough for us; we are ready to go up and take the land.” Life can and will be so much simpler for us as well if we would only say and do the same.

*********************
Baruch HaShem
Rabbi Ya'acov Farber

Hallelujah for our Lord, our Teacher,our Rabbi, "YESHUA" King Messiah for ever and ever!!!
Visit our Webpage @ www.cmy.on.ca / cmy@ca.inter.net
272 Ranee Ave Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6A-1N6, Tel: 416-785-7612
An ever changing Messianic Jewish website
till King Mashiach Yeshua comes back!!!
Shalom Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment